Brunei Shell Tankers Sdn. Bhd. (BST) charters its vessels to Brunei Liquefied Natural Gas Sdn. Bhd. (BLNG) for the transportation of LNG to customers in Japan and South Korea. As part of the Bruneianisation policy, the company now seeks to recruit large numbers of Bruneians to serve as either Deck Cadets or Engineering Cadets.
All prospective Cadets must fulfill the following requirements:
- Male Bruneian Citizen
- At least Grade C in 'A' Level Mathematics or Physics
- At least Grade C in 5 'O' Level subjects: Mathematics, Physics or Combined Science, English language, and one other English medium academic subject.
Duties and responsibilities of a deck officer include navigation, passage planning, loading/discharging of cargo, maintenance and the testing of safety equipment. A deck cadet undergoes 35 months of training.
Duties and responsibilities of an engineering officer include maintenance, repairs, operation of main engine and ancillary services, electrical maintenance and chemical analysis. An engineering cadet undergoes 35 months of training.
BST Contact Information
- 7th Floor, Setia Kenangan Office Block, Setia Kenangan Complex, Kg Kiulap, Bandar Seri Begawan, BE1518, Negara Brunei Darussalam
Phone: +673 223 8021 / 20
Fax: +673 223 8790
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00am to 12:00pm, 1:00pm to 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am to 11:30am, 2:00pm to 5:00pm